Friday, August 19, 2011

Fishing Expert

Grandpa helping Makenna fish
Grandpa helping Madison fish

Mark fishing

Makenna with the 1st fish of the day

Madison with a fish Mark caught for her

Mark with his large mouth bass

Tyler touching a fish



Mark has been asking for a long time when Grandpa H will take him fishing, so when we decided on a surprise trip out East last week, my sister and mom made sure that fishing with my dad was part of the plan. They are able to fish where my dad plays golf (at his country club) in Grove City. It was beautiful there and a great place that even had a playground for them to play on. My poor dad though was trying to help all 3 older grandchildren fish at the same time. He would get Makenna set up, then Madison, and then Mark. Once he did that then one of them needed help again. Makenna caught the first fish and was super excited. Mark then continued to catch one after another. Makenna did catch a 2nd fish, but Mark caught 4, and unfortunately Madison didn't catch any. Mark being the super sweet boy that he is said, "It's okay Madison, this next one I catch is for you." He proceeded to cast his line (as he did, my sister was like, yeah, right, I have been trying for 2 hours, there's no way) but then he got a tug on his line, and reeled in yet another one. Madison was happy then, so that was all that mattered. It was a great day with 5 blue gill and 1 large mouthed bass. They all had a great time, and I'm sure my dad was exhausted by the end, but to the 3 little ones, it was all worth it, and we greatly appreciated it. :)



No comments: