Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mark Soccer Update




Matt and I are in Green Bay today going to the Packers Pre-Season game so we unfortunately will miss Mark's game. Grandma and Grandpa J have graciously agreed to take him and cheer him on. We are very excited about this. Here are some pictures from his game last weekend. He did a little better, but still is a work in progress. He wouldn't go after the ball when other kids had it and he would never try to score, so Matt decided to tell him that if he scored he would get him a popcicle after the game. Well...he really wasn't interested and it was getting toward the end of the game. Makenna started to get crabby and Matt and I decided it would probably be best if he took her home so she could take a nap. I had spent the whole time trying to get pictures and videos and felt like it was hopeless, so I decided to just watch him for the last couple minutes. OF COURSE, you know what's coming...I missed on film the highlight of the game.... Mark scoring a goal. But not just any goal...a goal for his own team....Here is how it went down... The ball shot out of the massive group of kids right to Mark basically across his goal line...he went to kick it out towards the other goal, when it looked like a light bulb went off in his little head...so he turned around and kicked it in his own goal. He started running back all proud and said, "Daddy, I scored a goal...Do I get a Popcicle now?" All the other parents looked over at me...and of course, Matt was already gone at this point. I kind of just laughed and smiled and told him maybe next time he could score in the other goal. Oh, what a day!

Here is Mark practicing before the game. The coach asked him to dribble up a little bit and then shoot the ball into the goal...I think he at least has this part down! If only he could incorporate that into the game! Oh well...it will come eventually I'm sure.

No comments: