Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Face Paint

Becoming Spiderman
All done and ALL SMILES!
Eating her sucker while the woman finished up
Her Rainbow side

We took the kids to the "Party in the Park" held in Chesterton last weekend. They had an absolute blast. It was free through my work and they had so many cool things for Mark and Makenna to do. They had bounce houses, a baseball area (which Mark couldn't get enough of), clowns making balloon animals, hula hoop contests, a DJ, food, and of course face painting. Mark told me at first that I was allowed to pick what face painting he got, which I was so glad because I saw the kid go before him that had his entire face painted and knew I was going to steer clear of that. So when he sat down, I was looking through the book and as soon as he saw the Spiderman, it was all over. He had to have it. I saw a different one with just a small spider web on the cheek, but nooo, not that one...he had to have the one that had RED covering his whole face while he was wearing a WHITE polo. SUPER. But he absolutely loved it and begged me to let him keep it on while he slept so he could wear it to Church the next day and show everyone. I had to explain that his sheets, blankets, stuffed animals, and everything around him would be red and ruined if I let him do that, so he finally agreed to wash it off, but only if he did it himself...wow...wonder where he got that from...a little too much a Makenna shining through...so onto Makenna and her face paint. She picked out a rainbow for her cheek, which I thought was great...not too messy. Then when the woman told her she was done, she said, "No, I want some on my nose too." So the woman was kind enough (there was a LONG line behind Makenna) to keep Makenna there and put a little pink on her nose...but of course it didn't stop there. As soon as she finished that and she told Makenna she was all done, Makenna proceeded with, "No. I need something on the other side too." So the woman patiently asked if a sun would be okay, to which Makenna nodded and said, "Yeah." The whole time sitting still only because she was eating a sucker. Regardless, they both loved their paint and were thrilled with the night!

No comments: