Monday, September 12, 2011

Lil Kernel Race

Makenna and Mark before the race
They wanted to show their #'s

Makenna so happy to get a ribbon
Mark running the race

Both with their ribbons after the race

Makenna and Ava

Mark and Nora

Mark was so happy that he gave a High 5 to the VU "Knight" as he called it


*I would just like to start with that my computer was hijacked and that last post was NOT from me. Matt took over the other day when I was at work. *

Anyway, this past weekend was Valparaiso's Annual Popcorn Fest. I always like to go and walk around just as something to do. We couldn't go last year b/c we had a wedding, so I was excited to sign the kids up this year for the lil' kernel race. (They have a Popcorn Panic 5 mile race for older kids/adults). They did it a couple years ago and really enjoyed it, so I thought we would try again. They had a great time. They start in age groups with the youngest to oldest. (Ages 2-9) After Mark had finished his race, I had mentioned that I saw Nora (The one he is in love with from his Pre-K class last year) running as well. He started freaking out...he had to see Nora....where was Nora... we NEED to find Nora. When we couldn't at first, he started whining... where is she? OH MY. I could not believe it. But thankfully, we did find Nora and her little sister, Ava, who is in Makenna's class this year. We sat with them for the parade, then walked around a little bit, but then headed home. In addition to my horrible quad/knee issues right now, I threw out my back when we got the Popcorn Fest, so I was anxious to get home. (Yes, for all those who are wondering...I do walk around with a black cloud over my head.... and yes, I am 31 going on 71...I'm a Lemon.) Anyway, the kids had a great day and that is all that matters. As always, I got to see a lot of people that I went to school with and their kids, so that was fun too. I hope they are just as excited to do it next year, and maybe by then Matthew or I can teach them to bend their arms at their elbows instead of running with straight arms! :)







Sorry the videos aren't great. I was on super zoom and b/c of my quad/knee I couldn't run after them so it was a lot harder to record than I thought it would be.

No comments: