Friday, July 2, 2010

Classic Conversation


Here are a couple pictures of the rash guard we found Makenna in Maui while we were at Makena Beach. They had no t-shirts or anything that said Makena Beach so this was all we could come up with. We didn't let her or Mark know that it is spelled wrong and even so Mark threw a huge fit that he didn't have one with his name on it. It's a little big, but she can grow into it. She looked like such the little surfer girl it was too cute.
On a side note...We were driving home the other night from vacation bible school and Makenna must have seen some rocks along the road to which she started the following conversation:
Makenna: There are some rocks over there. I'm allergic to rocks.
Ashlee: Makenna, you're not allergic to rocks.
Mark: Yeah Makenna. People are only allergic to pets and food.
Ashlee (stupidly): Well, people can also be allergic to things outside like trees and grass.
Mark: You can't be allergic to grass.
Ashlee: Yes you can, just ask Uncle Doug.
Mark: But he goes out to play in the grass so he's not allergic.
Makenna: I'm allergic to grass.
Matt: Then you can't go out to play on the grass if you're allergic.
Makenna: That's okay, then I'll just play on my swingset.
Matt: How are you going to get to your swingset without walking through the grass?
Makenna: I didn't mean that I was allergic to the grass. I am actually allergic to grass seed.
Matt and I couldn't help but smile to that one...
No idea where that came from, but it was too funny...she will always find a way won't she. :)

No comments: