Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Makenna at 2 1/2




Makenna turned 2 1/2 on Thanksgiving Day. She has become quite the little spitfire character lately. She is full of energy, attitude, stubborness, sweetness, independence, and beauty. I think that pretty much sums it up! Everyone is amazed by her. Every time I pick her up from daycare or drop her off they have something else to say about her..."Wow, is she independent" or "She speaks so grown up all the time." She is 2 1/2 going on 4 1/2 because she wants to do everything that Mark does. If he can do it, so can she in her mind, and most of it she does. The one thing though that I think we get the most complements on are her "Beautiful Blue Eyes." Wherever we go, someone comments on them. And I would have to agree. Even though we butt heads most days now, she is still my little angel, princess, and baby doll. I love her more and more everyday!

Here is a little Makenna story for you from last night:

I came home from Bunco at around 10pm. Matt was sound asleep, but I heard talking coming from Mark's room. I thought to myself, Is he talking in his sleep or is he awake? I proceeded to open the door and there sat Makenna on his floor playing with his piggy bank. I looked down and she had taken all of the ornaments off of his tree as well. I said, "What are you doing!" To which she proceeded to break out the Crocodile tears and start screaming crying. Meanwhile, Mark is still fast asleep in his bed. It took me a little while to calm her down, but I eventually got her to sleep around 10:30 or so. Later this morning when I questioned Matthew about it. He said, "Oh, she came in our room at 9:15pm (where he was sleeping) and started tapping him on the nose. When he opened his eyes she was right in front of his face. He said, "What are you doing Makenna?" To which she answered, "I'm cold and I need you to put this on me." (She held up one of Mark's sweatshirts). He asked, "Isn't that Mark's?" And she responded, "Yeah, so can you put it on me, I'm cold." He said, "No Makenna go back to bed." So she walked out and he said he heard her shut her door. I then told him that no, she wasn't shutting her door, but Mark's door. So she must have kept playing in their for the next 45 minutes until I got home! We couldn't believe it!

No comments: