Sunday, June 28, 2009

Race Weekend






This past weekend my Work (Duneland Health and Wellness Institute) had our Annual Member Appreciation week which concludes with a family cookout on Friday, which we added a Kid's Run to, and our 5K Run on Saturday Morning. Matthew and I took Mark and Makenna to the cookout and run on Friday night and we both ran the 5K on Saturday morning. The kids had a great time at the run. Mark, Adison, Madelin, and Molly (friends of ours) ran together and Makenna and Caden ran together. It was a really fun night. The next morning Matt tried to push me to run faster during the 5K, but I was just exhausted from the whole week I think and it was VERY Hot and Humid outside. We ran our first mile in 7:08, but then after that I couldn't keep up with Matt. My second mile time was 15:30, third mile was 23:50, and I finished in 24:47. Matt finished in 23:00. I got 4th in my age group and Matt got 5th. I'm sure he would've done better if it wasn't for trying to help me. Better luck next time I guess.

As you can see, Makenna pulled away from Jill to run faster and finished first!

No comments: