Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Almost Swim Lesson





Well, I was all excited about Makenna's first swim lesson this past Saturday at Duneland. I had to work, but I told Matthew probably 50 times that he couldn't schedule anything else from 8:45 - 9:15 AM because of her lesson. So he got there and I helped him get the kids in and get her ready and I kept thinking, wow, I wonder where everyone else is. Then a girl I work with Abby walked in and said, "you guys are here early." I looked at her and said, "What? I thought the baby and me class started at 8:45." She said, "no 9:45." Well, of course Matthew couldn't wait around with Makenna in the pool for an hour especially since the children's class started at 9:00 am. I was sooo upset. Matthew did take her in the pool for about 5 minutes or so and she really did like it a lot better than the Dells. She loved holding onto the side and as you can see did it all by herself. He even put her under water and about gave me a heart attack. I am excited for the rest of her lessons, but again realized I won't be able to be a part of them this weekend because I have to set up for our big Souper Bowl Bruch at Church that I am running. Hopefully I will get to get in the water with her at some point. Who knows, she may be a professional swimmer by then. But at least we'll never get the time wrong again!

No comments: