Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Makenna Pumpkin Patch

Makenna on the hayride
Yeah! A picture of me and Makenna!

Makenna picking her pumpkin

Makenna and Daddy heading back to the hayride

Sitting on the school bus

Coming out of the maze

Makenna went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch yesterday for school. She had the best time. She enjoyed the hayride out to the pumpkin patch to pick her pumpkin and told Matt and I that she was going to pick the smallest pumpkin out there. We weren't sure why and eventually talked her into picking a little bit bigger one. After the hayride the kids got to play on a wooden train, a school bus, and run through a maze. The maze was by far her favorite part. She just kept running through it over and over again. One time she talked me into it, and oh my goodness, was that a killer on the knees, quads, and back! It was built for little kids so I had to duck the entire time! It was quite the workout! But she had a great time and that's all that matters. At one point, she was driving the school bus and I was trying to take her picture when she looked at me and said, "Mom, can you just give me a break, just for a minute? I just need a break!" I was like, okay...I guess I'll give you a break. She has been saying the craziest things lately. Anytime I try to help her with something she tells me, "Mom, I have this under control. You don't need to help me. I can handle it. It's all under control." And she's always waving her hands at me like shooing me away and waving me off. She's just too much somedays!

No comments: