Sunday, October 4, 2009

Flower Girl

Makenna wondering what in the world this lady is doing...
"Oh My God...What have you done to me!"

"REALLY!"


Makenna was the Flower Girl in my friend Jenn's wedding this past weekend. It was quite an experience! It all started with getting her hair done. All of us girls in the bridal party got our hair done at the same time. I wanted Makenna to get her hair done b/c I didn't think that she would sit for me to do it. Well...little did I know that Cruella DaVille was going to do her hair! I just wanted some simple curls with her hair down and two clips pulling her hair back on the sides out of her face. I guess she did have some curls at first until the hair stylist started teasing it...to which I heard Makenna say, "Woah...my hair is big!" (I was on the other side of the salon and couldn't see her, but I could hear everything she was saying.) She was not afraid to tell the lady what she thought. It was quite amusing. So when she was all done and came around the corner, you could say I was completely mortified. I didn't know my daughter could look like Jerry Lee Lewis and Jon Bonet Ramsey all at the same time. Wow. So luckily two of the other bridesmaids were hair stylists and fixed her hair for me when we got to the church. I loved my hair...it was just my daughters that was a little out there for me. I just wanted her to be this beautiful flower girl for Jenn's wedding and I didn't get the vision that was in my head. It all ended up okay though. So...then came throwing the leaves (Jenn picked leaves instead of flowers b/c of the fall themed wedding...I thought it was a great touch!)....She stood at the back of the church and started throwing leaves with all of her might! She threw her whole body into those throws!...But she didn't move. So the whole church is quiet and Mark yells out, "Makenna, you have to THROW THE LEAVES AND WALK!" Everyone started laughing. So she walks down a little bit and starts throwing some more leaves with all of her might! She gets to where Matt is and passes him, then she passes me, and I'm thinking..."Oh crap...where is she going..." so she takes off around the front of the church, goes to the side and runs back to the back of the church again. Meanwhile Jenn is about ready to make her entrance. I am starting to panic at this point and am about to yell out...just somebody grab her! Then she takes off down the main aisle again and finally gets to Matt and he grabbed her. Thank God! I guess she wanted a Victory lap! She was a perfect angel through the 1 hr and 15 min service though...so then when we were leaving the church she started picking up the leaves and putting them back into her basket! I guess she wanted to make sure she cleaned up after herself! It was just too cute and I can't thank Jenn enough for the wonderful experience. We all had a great time!

No comments: