Tuesday, May 26, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKENNA!

Makenna with the bear I always took her picture with as a baby
The Birthday Girl!
After she blew out the candle she decided to have some cake!

Cake Face
Her cookie set from Mommy and Daddy

Today Makenna turned 2! I can hardly believe sometimes how fast the time goes by. She is just so big and her personality has developed more and more lately. She is the most independent little girl I have ever seen in my life. She has to do everything, "SELF." If you even try to do something for her, forget it, she will let you know what you can do with your help, because she will again say, "I do it self!" We have taken her pacifier away from her except for at bedtime and so she has a lot more to say now while we're in the car. She notices everything. We drove by a blue building the other day and she said, "Look Mom, that's blue. That's Mark's favorite color." And sure enough when I looked over, there was a blue building. She is just too smart for her own good. Today when everyone called to wish her a Happy Birthday she would respond to them by saying, "Happy Birthday!" I tried to get her to say "Thank You" but I think she was just too excited for that. We took her out to Uno's Pizza for dinner because pizza is her favorite meal. We then came home and she got her own birthday cake (and Mark got one too) and then she opened a present we got her. Matt's mom and sister were able to join us tonight which was nice as well. Overall it was a great day!

No comments: