Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentine's 5K Run


Matthew and I ran our first 5K run yesterday. It was -30 degrees below outside with 30-40 mph winds. It made it just a tad bit more challenging than usual and was interesting for my first competitive run. The cold made it hard to breath, but we both did okay. Matthew could've run it better, but chose to stay behind and help me try to catch up. His best friend Craig came into town and ran too. He stayed with me the whole time trying to keep me going as well. Matthew finished in 26:58 and I finished in 28:16. I was trying to get below 28 min, but was happy with the result considering the weather conditions. I also ran my first mile in 8:08 which is my best mile time since I started training. Our next race is March 15th so I am hoping to improve my time by then.

No comments: