Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Makenna Preschool Graduation

 Our Little Graduate
 Makenna and her BFF Ava
 Grandma J and Makenna
 Aunt MiMi, Makenna & Uncle Jeff
 Makenna and Uncle Mike
Me and My Baby Girl

I can hardly believe that Makenna is done with Preschool and headed to Kindergarten in the Fall.  She is growing up so fast.  I always say she is 5 going on 25.  She has always wanted to do everything Mark is doing, so she walked early, talked early, and now heading off to Kindergarten at an earlier age than he did.  She did great in Preschool (except for occasionally getting in trouble for talking too much during Circle Time), and her teachers said she is more than ready for Kindergarten.  She did miss one question during the year and that was, "When is Your Birthday?" She looked at them, rolled her eyes and said, "I don't know." They said they tried to give her hints and asked her, "Well, is it in March...April...MAY??? She again replied (with attitude of course) "I don't know." So when she got home, I said, "Makenna, when is your birthday?" She said, "May 26th." I said, "Then why didn't you tell your teacher that when she asked you?" And her response was, "I didn't want to." Nice.  She is my stubborn girl.  So then I had to have a long talk with her about school and listening to teachers and so on.  We sent Mark's teacher a gift card in the mail after school let out b/c we were just so busy the last week of school that I didn't get a chance to get one, so when we got her Thank You note in the mail, she said Mark was such a great student and she loved having him in class and that (WAIT FOR IT...) she couldn't wait to get to know our daughter next year.  HA! She's in for a Rude Awakening.  They are absolute Polar Opposites.  Mark is sweet, kind, caring, a people pleaser, and just an all around great kid.  Makenna can be sweet and kind and caring, but most of the time she is fiesty, stubborn, Independent, Bossy, has Attitude, and the phrase she says most often is, "I don't care" with her Boston Accent (when you tell her that doing something will make another person happy)...she just simply does not care.  But she keeps life interesting...and we never have a dull day, that's for sure!

No comments: